Welcome back everyone to Neal's Young Guns May edition. I hope you enjoyed the first edition because I sure enjoyed watching these kids play.
There's a few amazing entries this time and it was a tough decision but I decided to choose these 10 kids. I'll keep this short because these videos basically speak for themselves. So... here we go:
The Official Site: shredguitarist.org
Submit your videos here: youtube.com/NealsYoungGuns
1. Andreas Varady from Slovakia: Thanks to my good friend Dale Turner again for this scary entry. Unbelievable 12-year-old!
2. Pipoquinha From Brazil: This one is a 13-year-old kid on bass. This kid is incredible! Thanks again Dale for that entry.
3. Bo Gyung from Korea: My God, she's performing one of my personal favorites, Francisco Tarrega's "Recuerdos De La Alhambra".
4. Jess Lewis from England: Wow... 16-year-old playing Alex Hutchings' "Happy As Larry". Very nicely done!
5. Jungha Jung from Korea: This kid is pretty incredible. Really nice feel on the acoustic, and at such a young age.
6. David from Sweden: 12-year-old playing Racer X's "Technical Difficulties". I've seen some of his earlier videos as well when he was younger. Some scary stuff. Thanks Dale for submitting this.
7. Anna Likhacheva From Russia: This is when she was 9 performing "El Colibri"! She has several other videos, but this one freaked me out because she is performing one of the most difficult pieces for the classical guitar at such a young age.
8. Su from Korea: I have no idea how old she is but she can't be that old. She's got a great funky feel.
9. Yehyun from Korea: 10-year-old performing Maurio Giuliani's "Grand Overture".
10. Jonny Mizzon from the United States: And now for something completely different. 8-year-old Jonny tearing it up on banjo, Earl Scruggs style! This kid is pretty incredible. Thanks again Dale for sending me this scary one.
Hope you enjoyed these videos as much as I did.
Neal Nagaoka, a guitarist and composer from California, has 28 years of studying and performing experience along with 25 years of teaching guitar students. His most recent CD "Transition" features ten hard rock and metal instrumentals.
Send comments or questions to: